Marathon provides extensive, reliable and proven power industry management and staffing services to electrical generation providers including nuclear, oil, and gas.
These services encompass:
- Embedded and augmented Line and Project Management experts
- Mentoring and monitoring as a part of improvement initiatives
- Oversight and subject matter expert services
- Process analysis and improvement
- Organizational and incident causal analysis and training
Management Services Initiatives
Client-Sponsored Projects and Strategic Support
These projects have included:
- Departmental improvement plans
- Functional improvement plans
- Work Management
- Outage and Reactor type specific (CANDU) outage benchmarking
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Corrective Action Program
- Procedure Improvement pilots and projects
- Work Order Quality and Task Level Planning Projects
- Supply and Demand Database for long-range work planning and balancing
- Employment pipelines and projections for critical skill employees
- A living long-range training needs projection tool based on demographics and maintenance cycles
- Maintenance Rule management database
- People Health Committee structure and implementation
- Design Basis Verification
- Extended Power Uprate support
These projects are typically initiated and driven by external and internally driven problem statements, findings, violations, or areas for improvement. Frequently, Marathon has implemented them with an eye to turning the problem from a weakness into a benchmarkable strength.
Directly Embedded and Augmented Staffing
Uniquely, Marathon can call on individuals with broad backgrounds, high proficiency, and flexibility who can integrate quickly into an organization and “own” performance improvement and the raising of standards. Their successes often lead to reassignment to other trouble spots within an organization because of their abilities and flexibility beyond their original assignments.
Marathon can provide staffing for the full spectrum of station needs: operations, maintenance, engineering, training, work management, outage, radiation protection, chemistry, security, IT, licensing, quality assurance, CAP, maintenance planning, and more.