Engineering & Licensing
Marathon Engineering and Licensing Services include:
- Engineering project management and implementation
- Managed task implementation
- Maintenance Rule implementation
- Engineering program development and reconstitution
- Process improvement
- Oversight and review board participation and management
- Design review
- Equipment and process root cause analysis and resolution
- Direct Licensing support
- Regulatory Affairs analysis and resolution
Marathon’s approach to providing engineering and licensing services centers on accurate and detailed definition of the problem or task and development of a plan of action in concert with the client and client’s requirements. Rigorous implementation of the plan while engaging the client results in accomplishment of the effort completely as expected and as scheduled. The depth of experience that Marathon’s personnel bring to the table, and the ways in which we collaborate with the client and across the Marathon projects clearly sets us apart.
Managed Engineering Tasks
Marathon has performed a wealth of managed tasks targeting engineering program betterment. In the areas of MEL, CM, and BOM, stations become more able to ensure the right parts and materials are procured efficiently and available to perform maintenance and surveillance of equipment. Stocking and warehousing decisions limit sunk cost of materials, while ensuring long lead and frequently used parts are available based on safety significance and location.
In the area of preventive maintenance, benefits include:
- Equipment reliability as a result of adherence to maintenance schedules
- Rigorously addressing Single Point Vulnerabilities to prevent operations impact and loss of revenue
- Optimized resource allocation, resulting from balanced preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance, and corrective maintenance (on non-safety significant or run to failure equipment), thereby optimizing resource allocation.
Marathon’s project management practices also deliver high-value returns for our clients. We follow recognized project management principles, implemented with our own proven methodology, tools, and techniques. Cost tracking is real-time and transparent, as are risk management and mitigation. Schedule tracking is integrated into day-to-day business, not a stand-alone effort.